Milton Mompreneurs Give Back
Milton Mompreneurs is proud to have supported Halton Women’s Place through 100% of admission proceeds earned at the Spring 2012 Milton Mompreneur Showcase. We were able to raise $2,187.00 with our one day event, thanks to the generosity of our visitors through admissions, raffle, and BBQ donations!
Halton Women’s Place is an organization providing shelter and crisis services for physically, emotionally, financially and sexually abused women and their dependent children and is dedicated to ending violence against women and their children.
Halton Women’s Place is a non-profit organization devoted to assisting abused women and their dependent children. They offer many services, including
- providing free, safe shelter that is strictly non-judgemental and supportive for up to six weeks.
- providing two locations, one in Milton and one in Burlington, serving the Halton Region.
- offering free comprehensive, non-residential and residential counselling services to abused women and their dependent children.
- providing telephone counselling for women who just need to talk.
- referring women to other support services as necessary.
- providing meals and emergency clothing.
- offering therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the needs of both pre-school and school-aged children.
The staff at Halton Women’s Place knows that living with an abusive partner is tragic. They know that you have dedicated your life to your partner and family. They know that you are willing to try anything to stop the pain.
For more information, please visit www.haltonwomensplace.com.
Giving Back with Ontario Mompreneurs Group
Through the collaborative efforts of all Licensed Mompreneur Areas, Ontario Mompreneurs Group has proudly raised over $20,000 in monetary and food donations from our collective showcases, events and networking women initiatives since 2011. Each of our Licensees proudly chose a charitable organization to give back to from within their local community, and we are proud to have supported the following organizations together:
- Autism Ontario www.autismontario.com
- Autism Speaks www.autismspeaks.org
- Barrie Christmas Cheer www.christmascheerbarrie.com
- Dreams Take Flight www.dreamstakeflight.ca
- Eden Community Food Bank www.edenfoodbank.org
- Halton Food For Thought www.haltonfoodforthought.ca
- Halton Women’s Place www.haltonwomensplace.com
- McMaster Children’s Hospital www.mcmasterchildrenshospital.
- Nova Vita www.novavita.org
- PBSO www.pbso.ca
- Shining Through www.shiningthrough.ca
- Sick Kids Foundation www.sickkidsfoundation.com
- Sunta Caruana Music Scholarship Fund www.caruanascholarship.ca
- Zack’s Dream Room, In Support of York Central Hospital www.ychf.akaraisin.com/
We are looking forward to supporting more causes in 2012, and bringing much needed attention and awareness to the charitable organizations in our communities across Ontario!
How Can We Help?
Do you represent an organization that you wish to bring more exposure to? Is there a cause near and dear to your heart that you would love to have some help in advertising to your community? Ontario Mompreneurs Group and our Licensed Areas would love to hear from you!
There are several ways that you can be involved with our events and be connected with our members:
- Request a “Community Table” at one of our events! Each of our Mompreneur Showcases offers a reserved number of community tables at no cost to non-profit organizations. Contact the Showcase organizer for the specific area you are interested in for more information!
- Send us your event information! If you have an event coming up that we can help you spread the word about, we are happy to do so! Just send us your event information along with any graphics and promotional items you are using, and we will happily share your information with our members. *Please note that all submissions are subject to the approval of Ontario Mompreneurs Group, with final event posting done so at the discretion of Licensees and Ontario Mompreneurs Group. Contact Us.
- Get in touch with us! We will aim to help local charitable organizations and groups to the best of our abilities… please email us directly with your inquiries, and let us know how we can be connected with you and your group! Contact Us.